Day 2 Catholic Scripture Study Pilgrimage
by Steve Ray on November 16, 2007
Video of Day Two has been moved to my Pilgrimage site — Click here
Another marvelous day with great weather and Lord's blessing every step of the way. Had Mass in Nazareth at the Church of the Annuciation and prayed the Rosary at the particular sites of three mysteries: Transfiguration, Water into Wine at Cana, and the Annunciation. Both priests with us are EXCELLENT: Fr. Roux, our spiritual director, and Fr. McGrath a paying pilgrim, but a wonderful blessing for all of us.
1) 7:30 AM: On the bus to Mount Tabor where the Transfiguration took place.
2) Took taxis to the top of the mountain for about an hour of explanation, prayer, and a talk I give on Jesus the New Moses leading the New Exodus.
3) Drive to Cana of Galilee for renewal of Wedding Vows and tour of archaeological ruins under the Church. I also gave a short talk on John 2 and Mary.
4) 12:00 Noon: Drove to delicious lunch and rest for everyone.
5) Drove to Nazareth
6) Amer explained his parish church — the Church of the Annunciation.
7) I took pilgrims to the Church of St. Joseph under which the Holy Family lived in Nazareth.
8) I gave a talk at the Grotto of the Annunciation about Mary, Gabriel and the Immaculate Conception.
9) 3:00 PM: We had Mass where the Angel spoke to Mary. We also prayed that mystery of the Rosary, where the words of the Rosary were actually spoken.
10) Back to the Pilgerhaus Hotel on the Sea.
11) 6:00 PM: Half the group ate at Pilgerhaus. The Blue Bus left with 40 of the pilgrims to our favorite restaurant for dinner — Aberge Shulamit.
12) 10:30 PM: Arrived back home full of fun, jokes and exhausted.
If you want to go to YouTube to see the video, click here